Tuesday, August 29, 2017

On Harvey's flood

My heart is being broken by the tragedy of the flood. So quickly, the death toll is rising, flooding has covered so much land, and more. I'm also feeling convicted.
Recently, there was a posting on social media about Lakewood Baptist Church not being opened for flood survivors. I was angered by this. A church well known for its size wasn't being opened to the public. I got on board the hate-Osteen bandwagon. Today, I found out that the inside of the church was flooded out. I stepped off the bandwagon, ashamed at my hypocrisy.
Do I still feel Osteen's a fake? I do. Nonetheless, I felt awful for my knee-jerk reaction.
Going to keep Texas in prayer to survive Harvey. Wish I could do more. Perhaps I could do less judging?

No comments:

Post a Comment